Digital Design Incubator
The Digital Design Incubator is a 3 week program for teens in 8-12th grade that will focus on textile creation and graphic design for home and fashion apparel. The teens will spend the program learning the basics of market research, defining a customer and designing a product. The students will learn how to use Gimp to bring their ideas to life and present them. The students will document their work on collaborative blogs, create a digital portfolio of their work as well as discover the basics of selling designs online.
Program Highlights Include:
* Students are paired with an industry professional as a mentor
* Students will have an original design printed on a T-shirt and an accessory, as well as pillowcases
* Will explore 3D printing
* Students will participate in professional critique and hear talks from industry professionals
* One award will be given for the most salable design and presentation
* All students will leave with a gift bag of goodies
Complete the application below. There are a limited number of spaces, apply early and put some thought into your application to better your chances of being selected. We want everyone to be afforded the opportunity to grow their creativity so we have are not charging for our camps, (we do ask that if you have the ability to make a contribution to offset the costs that you do). If you are accepted into the incubator you must agree to attend all sessions.